It is winter time yet again and the holiday season is here. A New Year is being ushered in with great fanfare and everybody is in a festive mood. With end-of-year parties and a lot of revelry, this is also a great time for something you may have set your mind to but have not managed to get it done…Cosmetic Surgery!
There are certain cosmetic surgeries that are best performed during the winter months. In this article, we’ll explore which plastic surgery treatments are best for winter. So, here goes…
- Face Lift: This is a cosmetic surgery procedure that is also called a Rhytidectomy. It creates a younger appearance in your face. This procedure reduces the sagging of skin on the cheeks and jawline. It also reduces other changes in the shape of your face that occur with age. During the procedure, skin on each side of the face is pulled back. Also, the tissues beneath the skin are surgically altered to give the face a more youthful look. Excess skin is removed before the flap is sutured and closed. A neck lift, also called a platysmaplasty, is also often done along with a face lift. This reduces the fat deposits and sagging skin on the neck. A face lift, however, will not decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your face. Other cosmetic procedures can be performed to do this.
- Brow Lift: This is also known as a forehead lift or a forehead rejuvenation. It is a cosmetic surgery procedure that is carried out to raise the eyebrows. It improves the appearance of the area around the eyes, the forehead, and the brow. It also raises the soft tissue and skin of the forehead and brow. You can choose to have a brow lift if you have brow asymmetry or a sagging brow. A brow lift can boost your self-confidence and is often performed along with other cosmetic surgery procedures, such as eyelid surgery or a face lift.
- Eyelid Lift: This is also called a Blepharoplasty. It is a cosmetic surgery procedure that repairs droopy eyelids. It may also involve removing excess skin, muscle, and fat. As you age, your muscles weaken and your eyelids stretch. Due to this, an excess amount of fat may gather above and below your eyelids. This causes sagging eyebrows, bags under your eyes, and droopy upper lids. Not only does severely sagging skin make you look considerably older, it also interferes with your peripheral vision. An eyelid lift can fix these vision problems and can make your eyes look younger and more alert.
- Nose Surgery: This is also called a Rhinoplasty, or more colloquially, a nose job. It is cosmetic surgery that changes the shape of your nose. It can also improve breathing. Rhinoplasty can change either bone, cartilage, or skin, or then, all three. The cosmetic surgeon will typically make cuts within the nostrils. In certain cases, the surgeon may also make cuts at the base of the nose. After this, the surgeon reshapes the inner bone and cartilage. This produces a more symmetrical and a more pleasing appearance. Rhinoplasty can typically be done as an outpatient procedure, under either general or local anaesthesia.
- Liposuction: This is a surgical technique that involves removing excess fat from specific areas of the body. These include the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms, or neck. Liposuction also shapes or contours these areas, which is why it if often referred to as lipoplasty or body contouring. Liposuction is not a weight-loss procedure. You should get liposuction done if you have too much body fat in specific areas. However, it is important that you have otherwise stable body weight.
- Tummy Tuck: This is also called an Abdominoplasty. It is a cosmetic surgery procedure that removes excess skin and fat from the abdomen. Connective tissues in the abdomen are also tightened with sutures. The remaining skin is then repositioned, giving it a more toned look. You can have a tummy tuck procedure if you have excess fat or skin around your bellybutton, or then, a weak lower abdominal wall. A tummy tuck can also boost your self-image.
- Breast Augmentation: This is also called Augmentation Mammoplasty. It is cosmetic surgery done to increase the size of your breasts. This breast augmentation is done by placing breast implants under chest muscles or breast tissue. For some women, breast augmentation can be done to improve their self-confidence and body image. For others, it may be reconstructive surgery performed after a Mastectomy.
- Breast Lift: This is also called a Mastopexy. It is a surgical procedure that is done to change the shape of your breasts. During a breast lift, the breast tissue is reshaped by removing excess skin. This helps raise the breasts. If your breasts sag or if your nipples point downwards, you may opt for a breast lift. This latter may also improve your self-image and your self-confidence. While a breast lift may not significantly change the size of your breasts, it can be done along with breast augmentation or breast reduction surgery.
- Breast Reduction: This is also called Reduction Mammaplasty. It is a cosmetic surgery procedure used to remove excess fat, skin, or tissue from the breasts. If you have overly large breasts, you may choose to have this surgery to ease discomfort or to have a breast size that is proportionate to your body. Breast reduction surgery may not only improve your self-image, but it may also make it possible for you to participate in physical activities.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: This is a facial rejuvenation procedure that uses a laser to improve the facial skin’s appearance or then, to treat minor facial flaws. There are two types of laser resurfacing. These are Ablative and Non-Ablative. Ablative laser resurfacing involves using a wounding laser that removes the outer layer of the skin, called the epidermis, and heats the underlying dermis. This stimulates the growth of new collagen fibres. As the epidermis heals and grows, the treated area appears tighter and smoother. A Non-Ablative laser is a non wounding laser that stimulates collagen growth. This helps improve skin texture and tone over time. Non-Ablative Laser Resurfacing is less invasive than Ablative Laser Resurfacing and requires less recovery time. However, the former is less effective.
Before deciding to undergo cosmetic surgery in the winter season, you should consult your cosmetic surgeon. She will ensure that during your initial consult she will answer all of your questions and doubts. She will also tell you which of these procedures can be done singly or in combination for you.
It is important that before you undergo these procedures, you have realistic expectations. This is why you should consult with a skilled and empathetic cosmetic surgeon. One such cosmetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgeon is Dr. S. Suma of Prettyu.com, based in Hyderabad, India.
She will work closely with you to determine which of these procedures are best for you and when they should be scheduled. So, with winter already in progress, if you want to go through one or more of these cosmetic surgery procedures, do not waste any more time, and consult with Dr. S. Suma straightaway for the best cosmetic surgery outcome!
To know more about cosmetic surgery procedures that can be performed during the winter, as well as the other cosmetic and reconstructive surgery procedures that Dr. S. Suma performs, you can get in touch with her at +91 86 86 042 042 or email her at email@example.com or visit her website at www.prettyu.com.
Get to the Prettiest Version of YOU. By the prettiest hands in Hyderabad.