Mommy Makeover Surgery
The “Mommy Makeover” is a popular combination of cosmetic surgery techniques. These are designed to address the common issues faced by women who have been through pregnancy and breastfeeding.
A “Mommy Makeover” includes several different body shaping procedures. These are performed together or separately, to improve the physical changes that linger long after pregnancy. Each procedure is custom-tailored to fit each individual woman’s needs. The surgical approach usually begins with reshaping the abdomen and breasts and is then extended to other parts of the body, as needed.
Many factors should be taken into consideration when choosing the best techniques for you. Some of these factors are the desired amount of restoration, the placement of the incisions, and the type of implants used. You are a candidate for mommy makeover surgery if you are in good medical health, you are finished with childbearing, and you have a positive outlook and realistic expectations.
You should also be at your ideal body weight before undergoing the mommy makeover procedure. Dr. S. Suma will let you know if you are the right candidate for mommy makeover surgery. She will work closely with you and will recommend the different procedures that will be included in your mommy makeover surgery. She is sensitive and empathetic to all her patients’ needs and is also a great communicator being a mom of two herself, she can relate the need for the desired transformation She will inform and will reassure you as to the process and outcome of the different surgeries that will be performed.
Before the Mommy Makeover Surgery
Your initial consultation with your cosmetic surgeon is most important. You should be prepared to discuss your surgical goals; your medical conditions, allergies, and medical treatments, if any; current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and drug use, and previous surgeries, if any.
During your consultation, your cosmetic surgeon will take a detailed medical history and conduct a comprehensive physical exam. She will evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors. She will also examine your breasts, abdomen, genitalia, and buttocks and will take measurements of their size, shape, skin quality, and skin thickness. She will take photographs, discuss your options, and recommend a course of treatment. She will also, most likely, discuss the likely outcomes of your mommy makeover surgery.
It is natural to feel a bit nervous about your mommy makeover surgery. You should discuss how you feel with your surgeon. Prior to surgery, your surgeon may ask you to get certain lab tests and undergo a medical evaluation. She will also advise you to take certain medications or adjust your existing medications. She will ask you to stop smoking, as smoking delays healing. She will also help you to avoid taking aspirin-based medications, certain anti-inflammatory drugs, blood-thinners, and herbal supplements, as these can increase bleeding.
Dr. S. Suma will give you detailed instructions as to what to do prior to your surgery. She will encourage you to ask any questions you may have, as well as help you clear all your doubts. She will work closely with you before you undergo the mommy makeover surgery to understand your concerns, your goals, and your expectations regarding the surgery.
During the Mommy Makeover Surgery
Your Mommy Makeover can be done either under general anaesthesia or under local anaesthesia with sedation. Your surgeon will recommend what will work best for you. Some of the procedures that can be included in your Mommy Makeover surgery are:
- Breast Augmentation: This cosmetic surgery procedure involves using breast implants or fat transfer to increase the size of your breasts. This procedure can restore breast volume lost after pregnancy and breastfeeding. It can also correct sagging breasts, can achieve a more rounded breast shape, or can improve natural breast size asymmetry.
- Breast Lift: This raises the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour. A breast lift can result in a breast profile that is more youthful and uplifted. This procedure is especially useful in women whose breast size and shape have changed due to pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Buttock augmentation: This cosmetic surgery procedure is used to improve the contour, size, and shape of your buttocks. This is done through the use of buttock implants, or fat grafting, or a combination of both. Buttock implants are silicone-filled devices that are surgically placed deep within the tissues of the buttocks. Fat grafting involves transferring fat from one area of the body to the tissues of the buttocks. This is called a Brazilian Butt Lift.
- Liposuction: This procedure is also called “Lipo” by patients. It involves slimming and reshaping specific areas of your body. It does this by removing excess fat deposits and improving your body contours and proportion.
- Tummy Tuck: This procedure results in a flat and well-toned abdomen. A Tummy Tuck will remove excess fat and skin and will restore weakened or separated muscles. This creates an abdominal profile that is smoother and firmer. This procedure is very popular post-pregnancy.
- Vaginal rejuvenation: This covers several different procedures. It is also called Female Genital Surgery and includes procedures such as Labiaplasty, Clitoral Hood Reduction, Labia Majoraplasty, Monsplasty, and Vaginoplasty. Your cosmetic surgeon will recommend the procedures that are right for you.
While these are the most common procedures performed during Mommy Makeover surgery, others may be added, as necessary. Also, all of these procedures may not be performed in one sitting but maybe staggered over time. You should definitely discuss the scope and timeline of your mommy makeover surgery with your cosmetic surgeon.
Precautions and Procedures before and after the Mommy Makeover Surgery
After your Mommy Makeover surgery, gauze and bandages will be applied to your incisions. A support bra or elastic bandage will probably be recommended by your surgeon to minimize swelling and to support your breasts. Also, a compression garment may control swelling in the abdomen, waist, and buttocks.
Your cosmetic surgeon will give you specific instructions as to how to take care of the surgical site. She will also prescribe pain and other medications as needed, to take orally, to aid healing and reduce the risk of infection. She will also give you instructions as to how to look after your general health, post-surgery, as well as when to follow-up with her after your Mommy Makeover surgery.
Your doctor will also advise you as to when to resume work and exercise. This depends very much on the different procedures carried out under your Mommy Makeover surgery. You should follow your cosmetic surgeon’s instructions to the letter so that you can recover quickly from surgery.
Mommy Makeover Surgery Result
Over time, the incision marks and scar lines will fade and the implants will settle. Most women also undergo a resurgence in their self-confidence, as well as an improved body image post-surgery. In some cases, optimal results will be achieved with only one surgical procedure, whereas in other cases, it may take several surgical procedures.
It is important that your surgical incisions are not subjected to excessive force, abrasion, or motion during the period of healing. It is imperative that you follow all your surgeon’s instructions. Your doctor will give you specific instructions as to how to take care of yourself.
If you are considering Mommy Makeover surgery, you should look no further than Dr. S. Suma. She is an extremely skilled plastic, cosmetic, and reconstructive surgeon. She is also extremely sensitive to your needs, being a woman herself. She will recommend the best combination of procedures tailor-made just for your Mommy Makeover surgery. So, do consult with Dr. S. Suma, and experience the best results ever!
To know more about Mommy Makeover Surgery, as well as the other cosmetic and reconstructive surgery procedures that Dr. S. Suma performs, you can get in touch with her at +91 86 86 042 042 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.