Blepharoplasty is a type of surgery that repairs droopy eyelids. It may involve removing excess skin, fat, and muscle around your eyes. This is because, as you age, our eyelids stretch and the muscles supporting them weaken. Due to this, excess fat may gather above and below your eyelids. This causes droopy upper lids, bags under your eyes, and sagging eyebrows.
Droopy eyelids not only look awkward, but can also cause vision problems. Severely sagging skin around your eyes can reduce your peripheral vision, especially the outer and upper parts of your field of vision. Blepharoplasty can reduce or eliminate these vision problems and also make your eyes appear more alert and younger.
- There are several reasons for considering the Blepharoplasty procedure. Here are some of them…
- It addresses the initial signs of aging: You may have experimented with applying expensive creams and serums around the eyes. However, eyelid surgery is the only effective procedure that can ensure long-term results, by removing sagging and excess skin around the eyes. This addresses the early signs of aging and restores a youthful appearance.
- You cannot see as well as you used to: Sometimes, when you begin losing vision, your eyes may not be the reason for this. Your eyelids may be the real reason that you are losing vision. This is because droopy eyelids can create lids over your eyes, thereby reducing peripheral vision. This is particularly possible when you are driving or reading. An upper eyelid lift can restore your vision.
- Your eyelid crease has disappeared: This occurs due to the excess tissue and fat that are weighing down your eyelids. An upper eyelid lift that pulls your eyelids up towards your forehead, can help reveal your eyelid crease. In some cases, fixing a double eyelid crease and enabling a wider and larger eye may work best.
- Your eyes are suffering from allergies: Chronic allergies can make your eyes continually puffy. They can also cause dark under-eye circles that persist regardless of how much sleep you may have. An eyelid lift can reduce the puffiness around the eyes, as well as help remove the dark circles under your eyes. This may not cure your allergies, but will ensure that your eyes look normal.
- It makes you look more alert and well-rested: If you look continuously tired even after applying different creams and lotions, you could be the right candidate for eyelid surgery. Eyelid surgery can eliminate your puffy, drooping eyelids and tired appearance.
- Lower eyelid surgery can get rid of puffy eyebags and dark circles: These do not include dark circles caused by lack of sleep or increased stress or related to hereditary skin pigmentation. However, if you have excess puffiness under your eyes, the eyelid fat can cast a shadow. This may result in both puffy eyebags and dark circles. These can be eliminated by lower eyelid surgery.
- Eyelid surgery can eliminate Dry Eye Syndrome: A drooping lower lid can lead to chronic dry eyes. Without tears, your eyes cannot function properly because tears help clear debris, keep the surface of your eyes smooth, and prevent infections. To combat this, your surgeon can tighten the underlying muscles surrounding your eyes before carefully removing excess and loose skin to create a more youthful lower eyelid.
- Eyelid surgery is long-lasting: While results may vary from person to person, the effects of eyelid surgery last an average of five to seven years. Also, surgery performed on the lower eyelids seldom needs to be repeated.
- Your surgeon can customize the procedure: Eyelid surgery can be customized for each patient, depending on your specific needs. It can be performed alone or along with other cosmetic procedures. It can also involve upper, lower, or both eyelid regions.
- You do not have to go “under” during eyelid surgery: Eyelid surgery is typically an outpatient procedure, performed in your surgeon’s office, using local anaesthesia. The length of eyelid surgery depends on the extent of tissue laxity and the anatomy and structure of each person’s eyelids. However, it usually lasts for one to two hours.
- There is low risk associated with eyelid surgery: While all surgical procedures involve some degree of risk, eyelid surgery complications rarely occur and if they do, are relatively minor.
- There is a relatively short recovery period from eyelid surgery: Most patients return to work after a couple of days and are back to full activities after 10 days. Most patients feel quite well after the procedure, with only minor pain. This can be alleviated with over-the-counter painkillers or prescription mild narcotics. In some patients, bruising around the eyes may occur but this can be camouflaged with makeup.
- You will not look “fake” after eyelid surgery: When you choose the right cosmetic surgeon the results from your eyelid surgery will look natural and subtle. You will have a well-rested appearance, without your eyelids stretched too much so that they look artificial.
- Eyelid surgery is affordable when compared with other cosmetic surgery procedures: You do not have to be rich to afford eyelid surgery. It will typically cost the same as your spa vacation or that trendy handbag.
- You want to do something nice for yourself: You may simply be opting for eyelid surgery to restore your self-confidence. A new career move or relationship may spark a desire in you to look youthful and wide-eyed. Eyelid surgery can help boost your confidence and give you a fresh outlook.
These are some of the reasons to get a Blepharoplasty. However, just as with all cosmetic procedures, you need to choose the right cosmetic surgeon for a Blepharoplasty. Dr. S. Suma, of Prettyu.com, is one such cosmetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgeon. She is extremely skilled and adept at performing all cosmetic surgery procedures, including eyelid surgery.
She understands that the scope and extent of eyelid surgery differs from client to client and she will work closely with you to come up with a surgical procedure that is right for you. She will understand your reasons for considering a Blepharoplasty. She will also be extremely supportive right from the first consult to post-surgery. Besides being extremely skilful and supportive, she is also extremely empathetic and sensitive to her patient’s needs.
So, if you are looking to undergo eyelid surgery, do consult with Dr. S Suma for a successful and effective cosmetic surgery procedure!
To know more about Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery), as well as the other cosmetic and reconstructive surgery procedures that Dr. S. Suma performs, you can get in touch with her at +91 86 86 042 042 or email her at email@example.com or visit her website at www.prettyu.com.
Get to the Prettiest Version of YOU. By the prettiest hands in Hyderabad.